Empowering Foundations for Women & Their Children
Giving single mothers tools to lift her family out of poverty
To help break the cycle of poverty, Children of Vietnam works with single mothers who are often at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder. As we help their mothers, COV helps children grow up in safe, stable and healthy home and ultimately, overcome poverty. Community involvement is essential. Partnering with local organizations, Empowering Foundations for Women and their Children (EFWC) provides a powerful array of comprehensive services tailored to the specific needs of each woman and her children. EFWC meets the immediate needs of single mothers and helps them develop life-long skills that will lead them to self-sufficiency. EFWC
- gives microloans and financial assistance to promote self sufficiency of single mothers;
- assists mothers and their children to stay healthy through regular medical exams and proper healthcare;
- provides new safe housing or makes physical improvements to the homes of single mothers and their children to keep them safe and healthy;
- awards bike scholarships to children of single mothers to keep them in school and eliminate obstacles to daily attendance; and
- awards primary, secondary, or vocational school scholarships to children and youth to advance their education.